Podcast 6: How Phat is Your Fat
What happens when you merge the worlds of doctor and personal trainer?
What do you find at the crossroads of medicine, theory and practice?
The Relentless Roger and the Caveman Doctor (RRCD) Podcast: Simplifying complex issues for healthy living
The podcast exists to take our daily efforts in the physical world and distill usable information for you, the listener.
In Episode #6:
- We talk fructose and Chris Kresser’s latest post on fructose in fruit and soft drinks (via Philadelphia’s very own Laura Pappas).
- Respond to a listener question on Paleo nutrition vs. the modern diabetic diet.
- Recoil in horror at the scary story of how vegetable oil entered America’s standard diet (hint: it wasn’t to benefit our health).
- Look at the scary statistics of vegetable oils and cancer via a recent post by Chris Masterjohn and how vegetable oil fares when compared to saturated fat (hint: not well).
- Make sense of choosing the right oil for cooking.
- Invite controversy by musing on coffee’s impact on the gluten sensitive.