Podcast 7: Death By Cheat Meal
What happens when you merge the worlds of doctor and personal trainer?
What do you find at the crossroads of medicine, theory and practice?
The Relentless Roger and the Caveman Doctor (RRCD) Podcast: Simplifying complex issues for healthy living
The podcast exists to take our daily efforts in the physical world and distill usable information for you, the listener.
In Episode #7 Roger and Dr. Champ:
- Review the recent JAMA study backing up flaws in calories in / calories out, as well as supporting a metabolic advantage of the low carb approach. Check out my recent post For an easily digestible review.
- Attempt to answer the listener question “does high fat put your heart at risk?” Refer to a great Fat Burning Man podcast with guest Dr. William Davis (check the 42:42 mark for a nice summation by a cardiac risk specialist).
- Chronicles Roger’s past experience with the cheat meal, from first exposure in a Tim Ferriss blog post to a blissful beginning, to an ugly recent breakup. No more “treat yo-self”.
- Present pointless, but entertaining musings on coffee, from its blood pressure raising effects to reducing the risk of Parkinson’s Disease and to helping us live longer.
- Discuss forest bathing and how simply getting out of the house and around some trees and forest can boost the immune system and decrease cancer risk.
- Offer Wild Planet sardines as a great option for Omega-3 fat, protein and calcium.