Podcast 10: Know Thyself
What happens when you merge the worlds of doctor and personal trainer?
What do you find at the crossroads of medicine, theory and practice?
The Relentless Roger and the Caveman Doctor (RRCD) Podcast: Simplifying complex issues for healthy living
The podcast exists to take our daily efforts in the physical world and distill usable information for you, the listener.
In Episode #10 Roger and Dr. Champ:
- Ask and answer the question ‘Is Wheat Addictive?‘
- Ponder if sugar could be more addictive than cocaine by looking at the research.
- Discuss serotonin release after carbohydrate ingestion, as another reason for “fake” pleasure and addiction.
- Encourage you to consider your language of food.
- Offer a life-extension tip to any worms out there via glucose restriction, though the same research reveals decreased longevity with vitamins and antioxidants supplementation.
- Promote the benefits of sprint-interval training versus standard endurance cardio.
- Talk up gazpacho as a refreshing summer dish.
- Discuss the importance of “knowing thyself” when it comes to food and in doing ask the listener to take a realistic view of yourself and food in optimizing your health.