RRCD Podcast 12: McDonald’s – Olympic Fuel?
What happens when you merge the worlds of doctor and personal trainer?
What do you find at the crossroads of medicine, theory and practice?
The Relentless Roger and the Caveman Doctor (RRCD) Podcast: Simplifying complex issues for healthy living
The podcast exists to take our daily efforts in the physical world and distill usable information for you, the listener.
In Episode #12 Roger and Dr. Champ:
- Express disappointment at the world’s largest McDonalds opening at the London Olympics
- Discuss an article from the 60s where severly anorexic patients are given treatment to increase their appetite – our friend insulin. Imagine what it does in you!
- Direct the listener to an interview with Dr. Phinney on the recent JAMA article, where he discusses going very low-carb and inducing ketosis
- Answer another listener question on constipation by saying: don’t fear the fat!
- Encourage keeping things simple (e.g. this grilled peaches recipe) when your sweet tooth demands dessert
- Touch on some golden rules for choosing your protein shake