Episode 35: The Caveman Docs Caveman Teeth

9 Comments

1. janet

in re: teeth

I have been oil pulling for the last month. My mouth and teeth feel and look cleaner, I don’t have the pain or decayed taste in my mouth I sometimes get because I do have dental issues that I am working on as money allows. Of course, the real food/Primal I am eating is helping also. I use coconut oil for the pulling and 15-20 minutes per morning.

2. kem

I don’t mind if you say shit or whatever. It’s allowed on air in NZ. Maybe it’s because our PM’s are atheists, I dunno.

I’m totally on board with “all cause”. Seems a good bottom line to me. And as for dentistry, doesn’t matter how good
    those molars are, radiologists want them out. one needs a good oncological dentist to save a few, and I don’t mean the four in the jar in my top dresser drawer!

3. Deborah

Hi there from Australia. i love your podcasts. In relation to your segment about the Sydney study on polyunsaturated fats, I recently heard a radio program which interviewed one of the dieticians who had worked o that study. She said that most of the participants had complained about the amount of oil they had had to take and how unpalatable it was to drink it straight, and how awful the margarine was that they had made up for the subjects. i was wondering, therefore, if the subjects actually all got the amount of polyunsaturated oil that they were mean to, and also whether the stress of having to eat a high volume of something disgusting may have affected the results.

Also, you mentioned the book ‘Black Swan’ and how hard it is to imagine black swans. All the swans in Australia are black (except for a few in zoos), so no-one here thinks about swans as anything but black :) Cheers.

4. Jamie

Dr champ
    Too many people counting on you please don’t quick the “caveman doctor “

5. jamie

typo i meant to say please don’t quit. On second thought maybe you should focus on cancer research and oncology. I just had a conversation with Dr John Kim president of GLDI and he said too many people try to do too much at once. You need to focus on one thing and become an expert then build your network. “Dont do too much and be mediocre become an expert in one are” he said as a result people for seek you out.

1. cavemandoctor (Post author)

Very true. It is tough to balance both and put a large effort in both.

6. Katalin

Your one grey hair and Daniel Steele comment was super funny!
    How do you take the bicarbonate of soda? Do you mix it with water or have it straight and swish? Sounds very good, whish I heard about that before I have gone paleo. Maybe it’s never too late…

1. cavemandoctor (Post author)

Hi Katalin, I do it with a little water and swish. So far so good.

1. Katalin

Thanks Colin, great that it’s working for you!