Episode 41: Organic Longevity

Roger Colin 300x200 Episode 41: Organic Longevity

itunes e1339791119922 Episode 41: Organic Longevity

RRCD sidebar 150x150 Episode 41: Organic Longevity

Comments
6 Responses to “Episode 41: Organic Longevity”
  1. Candace says:

Good Day Gentlemen!

Wanted to let you know that if you are looking for a hunter/gatherer woman you should move to Texas. There are a lot of fit and healthy women here that hunt, fish, raise our own animals for food, farm our own veggies, and are extraordinary cooks. You will find your dream girl here. :-)

I really enjoy your podcasts. I am extremely interested in the connections between cancer and nutrition and mostly how good nutrition can not only prevent but also cure cancer.

Candace
    Houston, TX

Haha thanks Candice! I definitely loved Austin when I was there and can’t wait to get back.

Glad you love the podcast and thanks for the nice comments!

2. Paula Hradkowsky says:

Guys, I have been a faithful listener to your podcast since I heard you on Jimmy Moore. In this episode I appreciated the article on paleo snobs. I would have been totally turned off from changing my eating if I had been treated the way some people have (and the way people can be on the paleo eating list I have been on for years). I have been eating mainly paleo for 16 years. I was obese (212 at 5’2″), have SLE with associated problems. The first couple of years of changing my way of eating I fell off the wagon A LOT. To help me stay on I ate tons of meat and a lot of sugar free (chemical sweetener substitute) desserts. I could not have made the transition otherwise. On the protein: I had done 3 years of stringent low fat before quitting, with the weight boomerang. Therefore, I think my body craved protein for rebuilding, and it was probably performing gluconeogenesis since I had cut off most carbs except some fruitsa and veggies. Protein craving naturally subsided and I eat moderate protein. It was baby steps over about a 10 year period to weed out other things like diet soda, artificial treats, etc. If you had told me on day one of my change that I would eat the way I do now I would have said NO WAY! BTW, abouty 85% of my lupus symptoms have disappeared. I lost and have kept off 77 pounds, have experienced innumerable positive health effects such as few headaches, mental acuity, etc. THANK YOU BOTH for the encouragement and the wonderful medical and scientific studies. Love it!! Paula Hradkowsky

Paula,
      Great to hear! And thanks for the nice comments. It’s amazing when you look back several years and realize the changes that you never thought were possible.
      Take care!

• Anna says:

I imagine what is like to be the Caveman Doctor… women constantly trying to get his attention (comment above) and men envious of his status, accomplishments and looks. The irony is Caveman Doc is so busy he can’t enjoy all the benefits that come with being a good looking physician! haha!! “such is life.” But you are truly blessed. I hope you use your talents for the good of others!!

3. bjjcaveman says:

I just wrote a post with a pretty comprehensive literature search about a ketosis associated rash called Prurigo Pigmentosa and thought it may help you and your readers.