Episode 47 – A Sleepy Return

PLEASE REJOIN ON ITUNES DUE TO A NEW HOST FOR THE PODCAST!!

Roger Colin 300x200 Episode 47   A Sleepy Return

itunes e1339791119922 Episode 47   A Sleepy Return

RRCD sidebar 150x150 Episode 47   A Sleepy Return

Comments
11 Responses to “Episode 47 – A Sleepy Return”
  1. Edward says:

Hi Roger,

Another thing that works well for sleeping around noise is to use a white noise generator. I use a table top fan all year around. I put it on the floor facing a corner unless it is hot enough to want a breeze, and turn it on high. This blankets all the intermittent noises that occur. It is a lot more natural feeling than earplugs.

You don’t have to go to the expense of black out curtains as such. I made some black out shades by buying black out cloth from a fabric store and some 1 X 1/4 inch flat molding. I cut the cloth to be long enough in both height and width to cover the window completely. I used brass thumbtacks to fasten the edge of the cloth to the wood strip. I then put some small L shaped hooks at each upper corner of my windows. I then hang the cloth in the Ls when I need darkness.

Good luck with your neighbors,

Edward

2. Thanks for the shout out dudes. Hope all is good.

3. Is the bone marrow recipe posted anywhere? Please?

• Greg says:

Yes, please post that bone marrow recipe. I think I can recreate it from memory but would be good to have the reference.

4. Jack says:

Just heard the show. Sound quality sounds great, better than ever.

In term of the bone marrow, I was little confused too. This is how I do and wonder if you do it the same way – bake the bone for 20, then I eat the marrow and dump the bones back into the stock.

Get some rest and study hard! Avoid HBO unless “Predator’ is on!

J

I cook them then throw marrow and all in and it’s delicious. The marrow adds a fattier consistency to the soup.

5. Katalin says:

You never know, your parents might be total Paleo converts by the time you leave. Are they coming to the AHS? :-)
    I’m yet to find anyone who would want to eat my bone broth. More for me!

6. Beefwalker says:

On the sleep problems – I’m confused. Folks are talking about the ‘expense’ of blockout curtains and offering up white noise generators as a solution? Curtains are the cheapest option surely?
    As for the noise from the neighbours, just have a word with them! Perhaps they’ve no idea their late night chats in the yard can be heard. If they’re keeping you awake, they have to simply accept that they can’t hang outside after 10. If they continue after speaking with them, then talk to their landlord. If that fails, call the police. It doesn’t have to be a loud party to be a breach of your rights.

Earplugs and masks are a last resort. They fall out/off and you’d have to be drunk – or dim – not to be ‘aware’ of them during the night – which is only going to disrupt your sleep.

Thanks for a great podcast, I wish I’d heard about ketosis for cancer when I came home to Australia to be the full-time carer for my mum who was dying of lung cancer. The Paliative care team were amazing people, but it seems their advice may have sped up mum’s decline. At every turn they would remind me to get ENERGY into mum – in the form of carbs. Mangoes, jelly (jello to you) and bananas esp. They even gave me a giant tub of maltodextrose and told me to add it to everything – inc her coffee. I didn’t even realise that all this sugar might have been the cause of her oral candida which ended up making eating painful and near impossible. :-(