Episode 49 – Performance Enhancing Yams

PLEASE REJOIN ON ITUNES DUE TO A NEW HOST FOR THE PODCAST!!

Roger Colin 300x200 Episode 49   Performance Enhancing Yams

itunes e1339791119922 Episode 49   Performance Enhancing Yams

RRCD sidebar 150x150 Episode 49   Performance Enhancing Yams

Comments
15 Responses to “Episode 49 – Performance Enhancing Yams”
  1. Read John Berardi’s egg article, whats this talk about eggs are bad for diabetics? I though blood glucose control was the important thing? Egg’s don’t seem to fall into that category of foods which spike blood glucose. Any thoughts?

2. Joanna says:

Roger, you should try egg yolks in coffee. Uh-amazing.
    Love the podcast :)

3. Lynn says:

The compound in wild yams that is used in laboratories to synthesize bio-identical hormones for humans is called diosgenin. I do not know if cultivated yams have diosgenin as well. I understand diosgenin is useless to take in the hope of it having beneficial hormonal effects as it is not recognized by the body. There are “wild yam” products on the market touting their efficacy for female hormonal troubles, but from what I have read, they are quite worthless. I doubt eating yams really has much to do with Usain Bolt’s athleticism.

4. Gary says:

What did you do to your podcast now? I just got back to getting your podcast, now you’ve changed something again that”s causing DL problems.

5. Katalin says:

Great episode, made me smile several times!
    When you talked about your grandparents that took me right back to my childhood. I used to go to those ‘pig parties’. They were great, lots of happy memories.
    I’m off to buy some yams and green bananas and going to cook it in coconut oil, then do some sprints of course.

6. trying to be paleo says:

I really like the chemistry between Roger and Caveman Doc. I hope they keep creating great work together!

7. Deb says:

Hi guys,

I was going to leave a comment on Roger’s site, but is it up to date with podcasts? Anyhoo, I wanted to let you know that if your earplugs are falling out, then you haven’t inserted them correctly- I can send you a video (I know sounds crazy) on how to put them in so that they are stable AND comfortable- earplugs have CHANGED MY LIFE!!) White noise is ok too, but honestly earplugs are great.

I am sure you’ll be so pleased to be moving into your own apt, but I have a sneaky suspicion that your folks will miss you (and visa versa?)

Deb